Aquatic Barley Straw Bales
For long lasting water clarity.
100% All Natural & Safe for Fish, Pets & Plants
As Barley Straw slowly breaks down it ferments and releases a natural extract that can help keep your water clean & clear. Aquatic Barley Straw Bales offer a slow-releasing compound that can keep your water clear & balanced naturally.
Aquatic Barley Straw Bales come complete and ready to use in their own net bag with float included.
Aquatic Barley Straw Bales are made from all natural, 100% Australian grown barley.
- Aquatic Barley Straw Bales are ideal for use immediately after a pond, fountain, water feature or fish tank re-fill or in lakes, dams, ponds or garden water tanks all year round.
- Submerge net bag and allow bag to float close to the water’s surface.
- Place near well oxygenated areas of the pond (eg: close to waterfalls or pumps) or in the centre of the pond.
- Replace Aquatic Barley Straw Bales every 4 to 6 months.
- To maintain effectiveness, begin additional treatments one month prior to removing the previous treatment. Barley straw tends to become active in 2 weeks and effective in 4 to 6 weeks for water temperatures above 20 degrees. Water temperatures below 10 degrees activation times are around 6 to 8 weeks and become effective in 8 to 10 weeks.
- 100g Aquatic Barley Straw Bale will treat a pond of 2 square metres in surface area, regardless of water depth.
- 1kg Aquatic Barley Straw Bale will treat a pond of 20 square metres in surface area, regardless of water depth.
- If the bales begin to smell, then application rate is too high. Remove and replace with a lower rate.
- If net bag holes are restricted, clear by shaking or washing in pond water.